Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Obsession (plus a short rhyme about the season and an even shorter explanation of Danish hipsters)



It's not quite summer but it's not quite fall. The leaves are turning orange but the sun is still my shawl. I'm no longer swimming in my own sticky sweat but I don't consider frost bite a realistic threat. We're somewhere in between seasons and I'm relishing every minute of it. =)
Similarly these pants are somewhere in between too loose and too tight, too dressy and too casual. They're perfect for the time of year when shorts don't cut it but heavy fabrics are unnecessary. So perfect, in fact, that I recently bought a second pair in a different color.
While the fit of the pants is very relaxed, the ankles are slightly tapered, giving the illusion of a straight up and down figure on all body types.
Roll them up to the ankle and wear with a fitted long sleeve shirt and black flats for a gamine/pixie look or with a shirt-dress for an eastern inspired, harem pant feel. Wear a bandana as a scarf and tuck the jean version of these pants into your socks and kicks for, as my Norwegian friend put it, a "Danish boy" look (Scandinavia's interpretation of the hipster, which essentially fuses bike practicalities with fashion). They're comfy enough to sleep in but can be dressed up enough for a more formal gathering. Did I mention they're on sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment